One step closer to marriage equality: Japan court rules that ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional
In a long-awaited step toward marriage equality in Japan, the Nagoya District Court ruled on Tuesday, May 30, that the government’s policy prohibiting same-sex marriage...
Nepal Supreme Court orders legal recognition of a same-sex marriage
The Supreme Court of Nepal has ruled that the government must recognize the same-sex foreign spouse of a Nepali citizen, Human Rights Watch reports. In...
Progress toward marriage equality in Asia as both Japan and India reach pivotal moments for LGBTQ+ rights
The fight for marriage equality in Asia marches on this week, as the Indian Supreme Court enters its fifth day of hearings on same-sex marriage,...
Ahead of the G7 summit, Japan faces pressure to finally embrace marriage equality for LGBTQ+ couples
This reinvigorated push for marriage equality has been thrust into the spotlight after several incidents that highlighted the nation’s anti-LGBTQ+ policies.
Two women got married minutes after same-sex marriage became legal in Austria
Shortly after midnight on Tuesday, January 1, 2019, two women became the first same-sex couple to get legally married in Austria. Nicole Kopaunik and Daniela Paier,...
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Elegant outdoor wedding in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for two expats
- Remembering The Day: How To Make Wedding Magic Last A Lifetime
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches