Tango Time: Pantone Picks Tangerine Tango as Color of the Year
Trend alert! Pantone has announced Tangerine Tango as the color of the year, so check out our beauty picks for incorporating this vibrant hue into your wedding day look.
By Brittny Drye
A new year also means a new color trend, and the color gods at Pantone have dubbed Tangerine Tango as next year’s “it” color. Also called Pantone 17-1463 for the technical types, the hue is “an enticing juicy orange, a vivacious and appealing refresher to enliven anyone’s outlook this spring.”
“Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it,” Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, announced in a press release. “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.”
This punchy concoction of orange, red and coral translates into a color that looks great on almost all skin tones. Word on the street is that Sephora and Pantone are plotting a Tangerine Tango-inspired makeup collection, set to debut in March 2012, but until then, check out our beauty selections for fashion-forward brides who want to incorporate this popular shade into their upcoming nuptials. With such a bold color, the key is to pick one feature and run with it.
Essie Capri: This fiery hot creamy orange will look striking on short to medium nails against a white bridal gown. Available at Amazon, $6.25 (originally $8.99).
Nars Heatwave Lipstick: This semi-matte lipstick with a cult following provides full-bodied velvety color in a highly pigmented and non-drying formula that lasts long into the night. Go neutral on the rest of your bridal makeup palette, as this bright hue is sure to steal the show. Available at Nars Cosmetics, $24.
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #10: This versatile cream can gives you a warm iridescent glow using high-quality pigments mixed with mother of pearl particles. The long-lasting formula can be swiped on your eyes, cheeks or lips. Available at Sephora for $22.
Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Taboo: The silky application of this rich color will give you a glamorous look. Pair with nude lips and bronzed cheeks for a warm glow effect. Available at Motives Cosmetics, $12.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal