The Eyebrows Have It: A Quick Guide to Brow Grooming
They say the eyes are the windows to the soul. If that’s true, then your eyebrows are the window treatments. It’s easy to forget something like eyebrow grooming in preparation for your big day as it seems so minor, but clean brows can make a big difference. Your partner is going to be staring into your eyes for most of the day in adoration, so why not make your brows absolutely gorgeous?
Clear Eyebrow Gel Is Your Best Friend.
Clear eyebrow gel is perfect for all brows. It’s a quick way to keep them neat, especially if you get them waxed and aren’t quite at the point of going to another appointment. It’s a quick process—like mascara, just brush your brows back, smooth with your finger, and you’re ready to go! We recommend Urban Decay’s Urban Brow Styling Brush and Setting Gel, available at Sephora for $20.
If You Must Shape Your Brows, Try Not to Wait Until the Big Day.
Most brow-shaping procedures, like waxing and plucking, can irritate your skin, leaving you red and blotchy. Not the best look for your big day! Try to book your appointment at least three days before the big event so your skin has time to heal. Aloe can help speed things along. If you must mess with your eyebrows nearer to the nuptials, we recommend threading, which uses cotton string and fast hands to help shape your brows.
Choose Your Eyebrow Pencil/Tint Wisely.
Eyebrow pencils and tints are a great way to help fill in gaps from over plucking or a bad wax job, helping brows to appear fuller. However, you must pick your filling agent very carefully—it’s easy to wind up with two-tone or cartoon character eyebrows. Most experts recommend going a shade or two lighter than your natural hair color and using a sharp point for easier application. We recommend the Chantecaille Brow Definer, available in four shades at Nordstrom for $22.00 a piece.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights