Top hats can add a debonair flair to your wedding-day look and are a perfect accessory for both brides and brooms
By Brittny Drye
Hats are a fashion-forward way to add personality into your wedding-day hairstyle and formal wedding toppers are on the rise for bridal beauty. One of our favorites is the top hat, which has a masculine structured shape but can take on a feminine form, if so desired, with elaborate embellishments—perfect for brides and brooms! And with so many styles to choose from, there’s one for every kind of gal.
For the whimsical bride: The classic top hat gets a fanciful makeover, detailed with tiny polka dots, stripes, and beaded detailing, and finished with a beautiful ribbon corsage.
For the fashionista bride: The headband attachment allows this mini top hat to fashionably tilt to the side. Accented with a delicate broach feature and birdcage veil.
For the romantic bride: Inspired by the romantic Victorian era, this hat is accented with velvet, ombre ribbon, veiling and vintage berries.
For the traditional bride: If authentic is what you’re going for, go for the gusto and get the real thing! This formal gentlemen’s top hat is simple and classic—and that never goes out of style.
For the classic bride: A classic black-and-white hounds tooth pattern covers this top hat, trimmed in black ribbon and wrapped in a black satin sash and bow.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle