Themed ideas for your seasonally focused wedding
By Anne Chertoff
Wedding favors, while a fun wedding detail, are usually left to the last minute. Once you know your color palette and wedding theme, choose a wedding favor that complements both and is something you think your guests will use and enjoy.
We always recommend edible favors because unlike tchotchkes, which will probably get tossed, a food or beverage will almost always be used.
To help fall brides and grooms find the perfect favor, here are some ideas from MyWeddingFavors.com:
Lots of people like candles, either to collect dust on a shelf (sorry, but it’s true) or to burn for their aromatic fragrance. This pine cone candle perfectly fits a wedding held in October or November with that woodsy feeling. Sold in a set of 4, price based on quantity purchased.
Couples getting married on a vineyard or who fancy themselves as oenophiles may want to give their guests a wine stopper with a decorative leaf topper. You can save money by gifting one item per couple. Price based on quantity ordered.
Guests with a sweet tooth will enjoy these bite-sized treats. With more than 50 designs to choose from for the wrapper, you can package a few in favor boxes or bags for guests to take with them at the end of the night. $0.68 when you order 300 or more.
Similar to candles, soaps are one of those items that people like to leave as a bathroom decoration, but they are also an item that can be used. These leaf-shaped soaps are packaged as a pair, so one box per couple is fine. Price based on quantity ordered.
“Pumpkin Patch” Gourmet Brownie Favors
These delicious brownies are decorated to look like pumpkins, not jack-o-lanterns more like the ones direct from a pumpkin patch. Each one is on a stick, brownies on a stick and cakepops are quite popular these days, and comes wrapped in cellophane with a ribbon of your color choice. Sold individually, minimum of 12 required, $3.75 each. (Basket/wagon shown here is sold separately.)
One lucky Equally Wed reader will receive a $25 gift certificate to MyWeddingFavors.com. Please comment below to be eligible for the giveaway. Comments must be posted on Friday, Sept. 23, 2011 by 5 p.m. EST.
Privacy Note: You don’t need to put your e-mail in the publicly visible comment box.
Anne Chertoff is the author of The Wedding Organizer available at russellandhazel.com.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California