Tropical themed wedding with splashes of disco and Hollywood glamour
Alex + Tyler
Wedding Location: San Diego
Alex and Tyler got married at San Diego’s iconic La Valencia Hotel. Their ceremony was filled with colorful florals and a tropical vibe and also incorporated Jewish traditions, including a ketubah signing, a chuppah, and breaking the glass.
Their reception centered on Hollywood glamour and disco. They danced all night long surrounded by disco balls, votive candles, and colorful lighting, serving custom cocktails called the “Disco Inferno” and “Simply the Best.”
The couple wore custom tuxes, along with silver glitter socks, Swarovski white and black crystal studs, velvet black slippers, cufflinks and tropical boutonnieres.
How did you meet?
We met at a bar in the Hamptons out one night during Memorial Day Weekend—we each had separated from our respective friend groups and sat next to each other at the bar. We spent the rest of the summer together, traveled to Europe and moved in after Tyler tore his ACL playing flag football. We lived together in Hell’s Kitchen for several years and got engaged on a trip to the South of France in the picturesque town of Menton, near the Italian border.
What was the most anticipated or special moment of your wedding day?
The ceremony itself was gorgeous. Alex’s brother-in-law and Tyler’s brother co-officiated the wedding. It was outside of an iconic, pink hotel overlooking the ocean with palm trees and tropical flowers all around. When we took our vows, our officiants asked our guests if they also promised to love and support us throughout our marriage, and everyone attending shouted back “Yaaassss!”
Do you have any wedding planning or marriage advice that you’d like to share with other couples planning their day?
If you each put each other’s needs first, you’ll never have a conflict of interests!
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Dekker Photography
Venue: La Valencia Hotel
Florals: Organic Elements
Band: Lucky Devil’s Band
Lines: La Tavola Linens
Equipment Rentals: APR Boutique Event Rentals
Video: Amari Productions
Planner: STJ Events
filed under: LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, equally wed, San Diego wedding, tropical wedding, disco wedding, Jewish wedding, Jewish LGBTQ+ wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts