Tyler and Kevin headed to Makena Big Beach in south Maui for their 5-year anniversary portrait session. Tyler had planned the whole photo shoot as a surprise for Kevin. They arrived sporting delicious-smelling Hawaiian leis that their hotel had given them just minutes before. With an entire hour to spare before the sun hit the horizon so we ventured up into the trees, splashed in the waves, ran up the shore, and cuddled on the hill.
Photos: Karma Hill Photography
Emily Gable is a former assistant editor for Equally Wed and deeply missed. She's a talented wedding photographer and co-owner of The Wildernesses Photography in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line