There’s nothing more romantic than seeing Gene Kelly dance in the streets in Singing in the Rain and his best prop isn’t a lamppost—it’s an umbrella! Use a myriad of umbrellas at your wedding ceremony or reception and you’ll float away on the feeling of romance.
UP, UP AND AWAY
Hang umbrellas upright to create a sense of whimsy and add a rainbow of color that makes you want to fly away, Mary Poppins-style.
A TOUCH OF COLOR
Or, hang umbrellas upside down above the dining tables at your reception to lend interest to an otherwise neutral setting.
COUNTRY NIGHT SKY
Choose gingham- and plaid-patterned umbrellas and hang them among the lights at your reception to bring your downhome wedding to life.
A PLACE IN THE SHADE
Large umbrellas on the aisles can provide guests shade at an outdoor wedding. Just be sure they are raised up high enough so that they don’t block anyone’s view.
UNDER THE BIG TOP
Placing umbrellas in the middle of large planters, and hanging crystals from the edges will create unique centerpieces rarely seen before.
BRING THE OUTSIDE IN
You don’t have to have an outdoor wedding to use umbrellas in your décor. Brighten a darker ceiling by hanging colorful and patterned parasols among the lights.
KEEP IT GROUNDED
Umbrellas also make beautiful aisles decorations, offering more economical splashes of color where flowers are usually displayed.
Photo: silverliningbylatelier.blogspot.com; greenweddingshoes.com; alwaysandriweddingdesign.blogspot.com; snippetandink.com; backfullcircleblogspot.com; blog.weddingpaperdivas.com; the-louisville-wedding-blog.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next