Under the Sun (Screen): 5 Picks to Wear Under Your Makeup
Sunscreen is the most important thing to wear at an outdoor wedding. Aside from helping you not look like a lobster in your wedding photos, sunscreen helps protect against premature aging, sun damage and helps decrease your chances of getting skin cancer. You probably have your body sunscreen covered, but what about your face? With the crazy heat waves that have been covering the U.S., you may need a little more protection than what you find in your makeup. We found five great face sunscreens that can double as primer!
NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER LIQUID DAILY SUN PROTECTION SPF 55
This milky, oil-free serum is designed to go under your makeup. It goes on clear and leaves a matte finish, allowing your makeup to go on smoothly and adding SPF 55 to help protect your gorgeous mug. Available for $12.99 at .
SHISEIDO URBAN ENVIRONMENT OIL-FREE UV PROTECTOR SPF 42
This oil-free, ultra-light formulation spreads smoothly and contains mineral powders and herbal extracts to help soothe your skin and provide a matte finish. Available for $30 at Macy’s.
MAC PREP & PRIME BEAUTY BALM SPF 35
This tinted primer is perfect for the bride who isn’t into heavy makeup, but still wants a nice, even glow as well as sun protection. Available for $30 at MAC.
YES TO CUCUMBERS DAILY CALMING MOISTURIZER SPF 30
This hypoallergenic moisturizer with sweet almond oil and aloe is wonderful for those with sensitive skin, as it helps reduce redness (and thus, the amount of foundation you need to put on). Available for $14.99 at Ulta.
BADGER DAMACUS ROSE SPF 16 FACE SUNSCREEN LOTION
If you’re wary of creams with high amounts of SPF and want something a little more natural, this light lotion with olive oil and aloe is perfect for you. It helps soothe and moisturize dry skin and provide some protection. Available for $17.99 at Badger.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal