Olivia and Nicole had their engagement session in their neighborhood Navy Yard, Southeast of Washington, D.C.. They started at home before wandering around the neighborhood and showing Maggie, their photographer, around. From the colorful backdrops of D.C. to their adorable fluffy friends, this whimsical engagement session has us filled with love and excitement for Olivia and Nicole’s future!
FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHER
Nicole, Olivia and I had the most fun wandering around Navy Yard for their engagement session! We met up on a chilly day and found a few really cool spots that I’d never seen before. Oh yeah, that Art Yards building is awesome. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you really should! Way too giant and beautiful.
I love engagement sessions because they capture all the excitement and giddiness and grinning that happens when awesome people get engaged! Nicole and Olivia were way too much fun to photograph and we’re so excited to photograph their wedding in just a few short months!
Congratulations guys, and thanks again for having me be a part of this day!
Photography: Maggie Winters Photography
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day