By Jonathan Bender
The latest trend for brides is to take their favorite red carpet looks and turn them bridal. Looking to the CFDA Awards ceremony that just passed on June 5, Jessica Chastain was both unabashedly feminine and chic donning a Prabal Gurung gown with sharp accessories from the likes of Nicholas Kirkwood (those heels could kill!). Something tells me Chastain’s stylist has been playing around with Grace Kelly’s photographs on Pinterest for inspiration, as the comparison is uncanny.
When looking to style yourself for the big day, it’s easy to get distracted in the details and it can get intimidating being under the spotlight like your celebrity favorites. Using Grace Kelly as your muse, it should come a bit easier with pinning out what “Screen Siren” must-haves would make the cut for a picture-perfect wedding. Keep in-the-know with how to perfect your wedding weekend; I say “weekend” because no starlet would allow for a one-day affair.
THE WEDDING LOOK
- The Ring: Tacori with mint prasiolite & 18k rose gold ($1,580): Pastels have made their comeback this year so why not go for the unexpected bling with a hint of vintage glam?
- The Dress: J.Crew Dinah Gown ($795): Unconventional, lovely and with the right ankle hem it could make for the perfect bridal gown.
- The Shoes: Rene Caovilla ($1,335) Rene Caovilla amplifies lady-chic pearls for an evening with glittering crystals and a sensual silhouette on this slingback pump.
THE POST-WEDDING BRUNCH LOOK
- The Cardigan: Uniqlo Crew Neck Cardigan ($28): Look effortlessly Upper East Side chic with this elegant cardigan.
- The Pants: Alisha in Fine Twill NYDJ Jeans ($104): Colorful skinny jeans are this season’s must-have and you can’t go wrong with this brand’s signature slimming fit.
- Sunglasses: Miu Miu ($280): Glam it up with rounded vintage-inspired frames.
- Shoes: Miu Miu Bouble Bow Mule ($690): The oh-so-sweet bow on these classically styled shoes will never walk out of style.
- Bag: Henri Bendel ($350): A Henri Bendel bag is a glam girl’s best friend.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset