What the SCOTUS Rulings on DOMA and Prop 8 Could Mean for Marriage Equality
Very soon (within the week), the U.S. Supreme Court will decide two landmark cases concerning same-sex marriage—Hollingsworth v. Perry (a challenge to Proposition 8, California’s same-sex marriage ban) and United States v. Windsor (a challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act, or DOMA, which bars the federal government from recognizing state-sanctioned same-sex marriages). The Human Rights Campaign created an easy-to-follow graphic that outlines possible outcomes and what they would mean for our community.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Adventure engagement photos in the mountains
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration
- Bank lobby flash mob proposal
- This Republican bill seeks to strip gay marriage rights in Tennessee