Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California
“Our wedding represented Brittany and me to a T—rustic, personal, with a fun and light-hearted edge. Some examples of this were that we named the tables after our favorite Breweries, we had two huge cut-outs of our cats’ faces waiting for us at the sweetheart table, catering by our favorite local pizza shop and most importantly, a ranch dressing fountain that got heavy use!” —from Brittny, one half of the couple
Brittny and Brittany got married on October 5, 2019, after a two-year engagement, by the water in San Diego, California. Brittany C. proposed to Brittny Z. Their wedding was rustic and whimsical.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Don’t be afraid of what anyone else thinks; this is your day to shine bright!
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Don’t assume every couple will be doing everything traditionally, but do assume that you’ll be a part of a very special and unique wedding.
Who walked down the aisle and with whom? Or who (if anyone) waited at the front?
We walked down the aisle in a very non-traditional way. Brittny Z. walked on the side with her mom and grandma on each side of her. They walked her to her dad who stood in the middle of the beginning of the aisle, then her mom and grandma walked down to their seats. Her dad then hugged her and let her go and walked to his chair. Brittany C. then walked with her mom and dad on the sides of her. They met Brittny Z. and gave her “away” then walked to their chairs. The Britts then walked down the main aisle together!
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The challenges we faced were from people who tried to include their own ideas into our planning. We had our visions and wanted to make it as original as possible, so we kept to ourselves and did what we ultimately wanted.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
How supportive and accepting everyone was. During our portrait session in the park, families who were out for the day congratulated us.
Photographer: Todd Danforth Photography
Venue: Waterfront Park
Florist: Two Rings Floral
Speakers: Pitbull Audio
Invitations: Paper Culture
Attire: David’s Bridal
Cake Designer: Fab Cake Girls
Rentals: Rentals, Concepts Event Design
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL