10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
It’s all about the details! The details are what make your LGBTQ+ wedding stand out. Be inspired by the things you love to do together, your values as a couple, the movies you like to watch and the songs you sing. Let your favorite painting inspire your wedding color story. Your love story is unique and your details should be as well. Here are some of my favorite LGBTQ+ wedding details, and I hope they inspire you to think deeply on how to create your own!
1 / Detailed Welcome Bags
Beautiful curated welcome bags for your out of town guests filled with local goodies is such an amazing treat. It shows your guests that you are really thinking about them and want them to enjoy your city and wedding weekend.
2 / Colorful Attire
Show your personality! Who says a wedding has to always be black tie? I loved how the color and pattern of this tie matched the entire wedding color story. How fun is that?
3 / A Fluffy Ring Bearer
Okay, so who doesn’t think this doggy is the most adorable thing ever! Include your four-legged family member on the wedding day—if your venue permits. Just make sure you have someone to take care of them in case they get really excited with all the guests.
4 / Fun Lounge Dinner Seating
Who says your guests have to sit at tables? I loved creating this reception seating that matched the personality of my couple. Guests were happy to socialize and eat with friends, without feeling so formal. And it looked stunning.
5 / Fun Photo Cutout
This was a twist on having a photo booth, having a custom illustrated photo cutout was a hit with guests. After guests took photos they were encouraged to take one and place it in the guest book with a message to the couple.
6 / We All Love Ice Cream
I love a good surprise. The caterer tray passed one of my bride’s favorite ice cream sandwiches during dessert. And it was a total surprise for her. These are the details that make your guests go, “Awwwwwww!”
7 / Giving Back
Tying your personal values into your wedding day is the coolest thing! So instead of wedding favors, this couple decided to make a donation to two of their favorite nonprofit organizations. It also gave the guests the opportunity to learn about these two amazing organizations as well.
8 / Stepping Down the Aisle Sexy + Cool
Add your style, every step of the way! How sexy are these shoes? And I have to admit, they look amazing styled for photos too. It’s all about the details.
9 / Cats + Star Wars Cake Topper
Love cats and Star Wars? There’s a cake for that! This was the most creative cake topper ever. These are the details that will make your guests smile and post on Instagram for sure. #socute
10 / Surprise Musical Ceremony Exit
Add some pizzazz to your ceremony exit. Don’t tell anyone (except your wedding planner!) and watch how your guests will react! This was one of the best exits to produce because I totally love surprises!
About the author
Photography credits: Patrick Quezada Fine Art Photographer (1); Studio XIII Photography (2-5), Vivan Chen Photography (photos 6-7), Lisa Stone Photography (8), Hagerty Photography (9), Megan Moura (10)
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding