If you’re not the typical bridal couple, a long veil and a sparkly tiara just may not be for you. But that doesn’t mean you don’t want some kind of hair adornments to perk up your everyday hairstyle. Check out these options here.
Do you have a brooch that your mother, aunt or grandmother used to wear? It’s easy to turn it into a barrette with a few bobby pins! Use it to accessorize a soft up-do, or to decorate your already funky hair.
A small pillbox hat, or something artfully shaped with mesh, can add a touch of whimsy to your wedding look. Or, for the butch bride, find a hat that fits well with your suit and its time period, as this bride did above.
Soft ribbon headbands with some embellishment, such as rhinestones or feathers, are very popular right now and work for half-up, completely down or simple updos. This style on Charlize Theron is naturally messy, making it soft and pretty.
Putting flowers in your hair has such a romantic feel, whether you’re going for a more natural look, as pictured here, or you want a one simple bud to adorn a shorter, pixie haircut. Use fresh buds or silk—you won’t have to worry about these wilting.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot