I think people who lived in Jane Austen’s era had it made; England in the late 18th-century and early 19th-century had breathtaking homes. These old-timey manors were (and still are!) a perfect wedding venue. Luckily for us, no international travel is necessary to tie the knot in a stately manor house. These romantic manors and mansions in the U.S. are charming, almost straight out of an Austen novel.
Tucked away in West Orange, N.J., The Manor may as well have jumped straight out of a fairytale. Less than 20 miles from New York City, it also boasts award-winning chefs, fine dining and an on-site bakery. A long-time host of commitment ceremonies (more than 50 years!), The Manor has large windows, numerous chandeliers and beautiful architecture surrounded by breathtaking gardens.
ROSE HILL MANOR
This traditional Jeffersonian manor is dressed to the nines, nestled on 23 acres of green countryside in Leesburg, Va. French doors, chandeliers, large windows and crystal wall sconces help give an air of impressive grandeur throughout Rose Hill, including the grand ballroom, small ballroom and entrance hall. With a house this big, you won’t have to limit the guest list.
Surrounded by 100 acres of the New Jersey Botanical Garden, Skylands Manor is a Tudor Revival mansion that was built the 1920’s. The classic stone building offers an impressive entrance hall and stairwell, great hall, drawing room and library, among many other rooms. The house details, down to the antique 16th-century stained glass medallions, practically ooze romance.
THE MANOR HOUSE
Representing the West is The Manor House, an American Georgian-Southern style mansion in southwest Denver. Placed on six acres right alongside the Dry Creek Canyon, the manor has hosted guests such as Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft. Built in the early 1900’s, this house features tall columns and antique-style furniture and decorations, giving it a timeless presence.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married