Ah, the 1990s. The decade in which Ellen DeGeneres came out of the closet, television brought us Will & Grace and being gay was no longer considered an “illness” by the World Health Organization (duh).
Oh, and Lisa Frank everything.
The bright colors and pop music that made the decade memorable translates perfectly into a party, so why not theme your bach (bachelor or bachelorette) parties around the era? Our friends at TresSugar has some awesome ideas for a 90s-themed bash so get your Trapper Keeper ready and take note:
THE DRESS CODE
Ladies, dig in your closet for those stirrup leggings, Spandex and neon LA Gear. Guys, this is the perfect opportunity to don those short gym shorts again and brooms-to-be can go prep with a sweater vest and khakis or ‘90s grunge with whitewash jeans and denim jacket.
Satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth with ’90s candy and junk food like Air Heads, Gushers and Fruit Stripe gum. Then wash it down with a Squeeze-It or Capri Sun.
Take a trip down memory lane with your guests by jamming to some ’90s pop hits from musicians like Will Smith, Hanson, Britney Spears, Spice Girls and New Radicals. You could even gift your guests a sweet mix CD with your favorite ’90s songs. Bonus points if you remember how to do The Carlton, Tootsie Roll and Macarena.
Pay tribute to the boomboxes of the ’90s by spray painting one gold and using it to decorate the tables. Bright neon flowers also reference the decade.
You’ll be the coolest kid in school when you send out invites to your bach party on Lisa Frank stationery.
Check out twelve more 1990s party ideas at TresSugar.
Photo: Time.com, TresSugar
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Wedding inspiration for queer love in Seattle with handfasting, a disco ball and vegan donuts
- Intimate elopement in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah, with a handfasting ceremony
- Matty Maggiacomo and Evan Feeley’s proposal video made us ugly cry
- These brides celebrated their love with a magical forest wedding at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Create an unforgettable mezze station for your wedding celebration