2022 is officially here, and with a new year comes new trends. One place where marriers love to get creative is in their headpieces.
Whether veils, headbands, or something entirely different, there are some amazing headpiece trends emerging this year.
Here are five.
Birdcage veils are gaining a lot of popularity right now, with many marriers blending their vintage aesthetic with more modern gowns.
“A full birdcage veil with distinctive detailing will be the fashion-forward choice in 2022,” Kyha Scott, founder and creative director of the labels Kyha Studios and Chosen by Kyha, told Vogue.
Brides.com noted that floral-embroidered veils have dominated the 2022 look books and will be a trend to watch this spring.
Headbands continue to be popular as well, only now they are getting a floral makeover, Brides said. Floral headbands can stand on their own, but can also be paired with a veil.
A variety of hair bows have also hit the wedding circuit this year, offering a gorgeous alternative to a traditional veil, says Lyra Vega Bridal.
While some marriers have opted for a more minimalist look, others are going big with oversized bows that make a bold statement.
Pearls are going to be everywhere throughout the 2022 wedding season–and veils are no exception.
According to Belle the Magazine, this year is all about bringing that pearly elegance to anything from invitations to cakes. As such, veils accented with pearls will also be a popular trend.
filed under: LGBTQ+ weddings, 2022 wedding trends, headpiece trends, equally wed, LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ marriers
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor