Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
This tarot card-inspired styled shoot was designed to channel woodsy cottagecore vibes.
“Set in a cabin in the woods in the small town of Readsboro, Vermont, the design of the day focused on creating romantic imagery filled with poetry readings, music and a moody color palette,” explained photographer Julia Luckett .
A special music video accompanying the shoot features a song called, “Little Wings” by one of the models–artist and trans activist Skylar Kergil. The vendor team even utilized themes from the song in the day’s decor.
The shoot involved grand floral displays and also included a pagan altar with crystals and a crescent moon candle holder, as well as forest-themed invitations and a custom poem.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Julia Luckett Photography
Designer + Planner: The Mindful Wedding
Florals: Haven Floral Company
Videographer: Wood & Ether
Calligraphy: Rosebud Calligraphy
Graphic Design + Invites: The Hustling Heart
Custom Wedding Poem: Something True Poems
Jewelry: Sasha Walsh Designs
Models: Skylar Kergil ; Leah Meserve
Skylar’s Suit: The Tailory NYC
Leah’s Dress: Daalarna Couture
Bridal Boutique: Everthine Bridal
Hair + Makeup: Makena Couture Designs
filed under: cottagecore wedding, LGBTQ+ wedding ideas, LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration, trans activist, trans singer, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, tarot cards, pagan altar
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding