Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
Wendy + Rahel
Wedding Location: Ontario, Canada
Wendy and Rahel’s breathtaking outdoor wedding took place at the Silver Springs Retreat in Ontario, Canada.
“That sunset in the field, their dresses, their pure love and the most real emotions just blew my mind,” said photographer Maria Vasserman of MS VISION. “They made all of my bohemian-golden-hour-hay-stack dreams come true and they don’t even know it.”
The day included a floral-adorned geometric arch, sunlit haystack photos, an appearance by their puppy, Greta, and dancing the night away beneath gorgeous twinkling lights.
The couple met while working together in 2014. At first, they only knew each other over email, as they were colleagues but in different cities. But soon, Wendy moved to Ontario to join Rahel’s team, and the rest is history.
While celebrating their anniversary in Halifax, Wendy proposed on the beach at Point Pleasant Park. Rahel had already purchased a ring for Wendy, too, and soon proposed right back over a romantic pizza dinner.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: MS VISION
Venue: Silver Springs Retreat
filed under: LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, Canada wedding, outdoor wedding, LGBTQ+ proposal, LGBTQ+ engagement
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights