Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
This tarot card-inspired styled shoot was designed to channel woodsy cottagecore vibes.
“Set in a cabin in the woods in the small town of Readsboro, Vermont, the design of the day focused on creating romantic imagery filled with poetry readings, music and a moody color palette,” explained photographer Julia Luckett .
A special music video accompanying the shoot features a song called, “Little Wings” by one of the models–artist and trans activist Skylar Kergil. The vendor team even utilized themes from the song in the day’s decor.
The shoot involved grand floral displays and also included a pagan altar with crystals and a crescent moon candle holder, as well as forest-themed invitations and a custom poem.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Julia Luckett Photography
Designer + Planner: The Mindful Wedding
Florals: Haven Floral Company
Videographer: Wood & Ether
Calligraphy: Rosebud Calligraphy
Graphic Design + Invites: The Hustling Heart
Custom Wedding Poem: Something True Poems
Jewelry: Sasha Walsh Designs
Models: Skylar Kergil ; Leah Meserve
Skylar’s Suit: The Tailory NYC
Leah’s Dress: Daalarna Couture
Bridal Boutique: Everthine Bridal
Hair + Makeup: Makena Couture Designs
filed under: cottagecore wedding, LGBTQ+ wedding ideas, LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration, trans activist, trans singer, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, tarot cards, pagan altar
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples