Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
This tarot card-inspired styled shoot was designed to channel woodsy cottagecore vibes.
“Set in a cabin in the woods in the small town of Readsboro, Vermont, the design of the day focused on creating romantic imagery filled with poetry readings, music and a moody color palette,” explained photographer Julia Luckett .
A special music video accompanying the shoot features a song called, “Little Wings” by one of the models–artist and trans activist Skylar Kergil. The vendor team even utilized themes from the song in the day’s decor.
The shoot involved grand floral displays and also included a pagan altar with crystals and a crescent moon candle holder, as well as forest-themed invitations and a custom poem.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Julia Luckett Photography
Designer + Planner: The Mindful Wedding
Florals: Haven Floral Company
Videographer: Wood & Ether
Calligraphy: Rosebud Calligraphy
Graphic Design + Invites: The Hustling Heart
Custom Wedding Poem: Something True Poems
Jewelry: Sasha Walsh Designs
Models: Skylar Kergil ; Leah Meserve
Skylar’s Suit: The Tailory NYC
Leah’s Dress: Daalarna Couture
Bridal Boutique: Everthine Bridal
Hair + Makeup: Makena Couture Designs
filed under: cottagecore wedding, LGBTQ+ wedding ideas, LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration, trans activist, trans singer, LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, tarot cards, pagan altar
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor