“Picture this: You’re waking up next to the love of your life in Paris on your 30th birthday. She has the day all planned, it’s a surprise. You just need to wear something nice. You get to the Trocadéro and you’re watching the sunrise over the Eiffel Tower.”
“After getting an espresso, you take a walk to a secluded area where the most beautiful picnic is displayed. There’s candles, croissants, champagne, macaroons, pillows, blankets, and the cutest stuffed flamingo. She gives you a pair of headphones. Now, you’re watching a movie that is filled with all your loved ones wishing you a happy birthday. Your girlfriend is singing your song in the background. And of course, you’re ugly crying. At the end of the video you turn around. There she is, down on one knee, holding a ring, asking you to marry her.”
This is Kristelle’s remarkable story of how fiancée Melissa proposed. It was a gorgeous engagement, one that had been years in the making.
The couple met over a decade ago at a friend’s birthday party.
“I thought she was stunning,” Melissa says, “There was just something special about her.”
Though Melissa was too nervous to ask her out at the time, the pair stayed in touch through the years until finally, they realized they were meant to be.
“It was as if the universe effortlessly aligned us together,” Melissa says.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer and Videographer: Kiss Me In Paris
Jewelry: Point No Point Studio
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams