“A Day of Love and Kindness” to honor Pulse Nightclub anniversary
With the first anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub massacre approaching on June 12, Orlando is planning to honor the day with “Orlando United Day — A Day of Love and Kindness.” The day will be filled with events including memorial services and the unveiling of the Sea-to-Sea rainbow flag that was originally displayed on June 17, 2016 in the wake of the massacre.
Orange Country Mayor Teresa Jacobs shared a video on her YouTube page about the day of remembrance, stating that the people of Orlando will honor the legacy of the lives that were lost at Pulse last year.
“As we prepare for the anniversary of Pulse, the world is working to honor and remember the lives we lost,” Jacobs tells viewers. “Through a day of love and kindness dedicated to the legacy of those who perished, we will continue to cherish their memories.”
An art exhibit will be set up at the Orange County History Center displaying signs and mementos collected from memorial sites that were created last year in the wake of the Pulse shooting. Memorial services will be held at Pulse as well as at Lake Eola in downtown Orlando on June 12. A detailed list of events, times and locations is available on OrlandoUnitedDay.com.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot