“A Day of Love and Kindness” to honor Pulse Nightclub anniversary
With the first anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub massacre approaching on June 12, Orlando is planning to honor the day with “Orlando United Day — A Day of Love and Kindness.” The day will be filled with events including memorial services and the unveiling of the Sea-to-Sea rainbow flag that was originally displayed on June 17, 2016 in the wake of the massacre.
Orange Country Mayor Teresa Jacobs shared a video on her YouTube page about the day of remembrance, stating that the people of Orlando will honor the legacy of the lives that were lost at Pulse last year.
“As we prepare for the anniversary of Pulse, the world is working to honor and remember the lives we lost,” Jacobs tells viewers. “Through a day of love and kindness dedicated to the legacy of those who perished, we will continue to cherish their memories.”
An art exhibit will be set up at the Orange County History Center displaying signs and mementos collected from memorial sites that were created last year in the wake of the Pulse shooting. Memorial services will be held at Pulse as well as at Lake Eola in downtown Orlando on June 12. A detailed list of events, times and locations is available on OrlandoUnitedDay.com.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts