OITNB’s Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli tie the knot with confetti wedding
Actress Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli celebrated their wedding this weekend with confetti, lots and lots of confetti! Inspiration for the confetti theme? Their desire for their wedding to be a non-traditional combined with their mutual love of Funfetti cake!
Wiley and Morelli shared their engagement on Instagram six months ago, and tied the knot this past weekend. The engagement took place in Palm Springs, California, and they returned to the scene of the proposal for their wedding.
The intimate ceremony, officiated by Wiley’s parents, was attended by family and friends. Morelli and Wiley both wore custom Christian Siriano attire, with Morelli in a jumpsuit complete with embellished cape, and Wiley in a full skirted, off-the-shoulder ball gown, which she changed out of before hitting the dance floor.
Music played a big role in the day’s festivities. The new Mrs. and Mrs. recessed to “This Is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan, and entered into their wedding reception to the tune of Justin Bieber’s “Baby.”
The reception was decorated with colors everywhere guests turned. Everyone say around wooden tables decorated with bright citrus and floral centerpieces. Meals were eaten off of black and white graphic plates with gold and white flatware and colorful glassware. The dance floor was decorated with strands of garland and lights. And what would a confetti wedding be without a burst of confetti falling over the couple during their first dance?
The newlyweds shared their wedding exclusively with Martha Stewart Weddings, and we can’t wait to see all the photos from this gorgeous occasion which was was planned by Beth Helmstetter Events.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding