OITNB’s Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli tie the knot with confetti wedding
Actress Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli celebrated their wedding this weekend with confetti, lots and lots of confetti! Inspiration for the confetti theme? Their desire for their wedding to be a non-traditional combined with their mutual love of Funfetti cake!
Wiley and Morelli shared their engagement on Instagram six months ago, and tied the knot this past weekend. The engagement took place in Palm Springs, California, and they returned to the scene of the proposal for their wedding.
The intimate ceremony, officiated by Wiley’s parents, was attended by family and friends. Morelli and Wiley both wore custom Christian Siriano attire, with Morelli in a jumpsuit complete with embellished cape, and Wiley in a full skirted, off-the-shoulder ball gown, which she changed out of before hitting the dance floor.
Music played a big role in the day’s festivities. The new Mrs. and Mrs. recessed to “This Is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan, and entered into their wedding reception to the tune of Justin Bieber’s “Baby.”
The reception was decorated with colors everywhere guests turned. Everyone say around wooden tables decorated with bright citrus and floral centerpieces. Meals were eaten off of black and white graphic plates with gold and white flatware and colorful glassware. The dance floor was decorated with strands of garland and lights. And what would a confetti wedding be without a burst of confetti falling over the couple during their first dance?
The newlyweds shared their wedding exclusively with Martha Stewart Weddings, and we can’t wait to see all the photos from this gorgeous occasion which was was planned by Beth Helmstetter Events.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration