A Las Vegas destination desert elopement with an Elvis impersonator and Taco Bell
Taylor and Emily’s desert elopement was a celebration of all the things they love: travel, Las Vegas, Taco Bell and close loved ones. The two double-proposed at the Grand Canyon after being together for four years, and with the pandemic, they didn’t want to set any grand plans for a large gathering. Instead, they opted for an intimate and fun-filled fall wedding weekend with their closest folks.
As avid travelers, Taylor and Emily believe that spaces have energy and really value exploring how their energy matches the places they visit. Vegas turned into one of their favorite locations, so it was the perfect elopement destination for them!
Their wedding day started at the world-famous Bellagio, where the two spouses-to-be got ready in the same room but without seeing each other. Taylor and Emily’s attendants and vendors coordinated travel to the outskirts of the city so that their first look could take place in a beautiful spot nestled in the Nevada desert. There, the couple had a personal vow exchange before heading back to town.
Both Taylor and Emily changed outfits in the car on the drive to the chapel so they could get two different looks on their wedding day. The couple was formally married by “Elvis” at the Little White Wedding Chapel, followed by a photoshoot around Fremont Street. The newlyweds’ reception was put on by their friends and family at the local RV park, where they had Taco Bell, Baja Blasts and s’mores ready for everyone.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Amber Garrett Photography
Beauty: The Dream Team Nevada
Cinema and Video: Cydne Robinson Films
Ceremony Venue: Little White Wedding Chapel
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line