Ali proposed to Ashley using her favorite flower.
That night, Ashley wasn’t expecting a proposal at all. She was headed to meet Ali and her sisters for dinner in their town of Waynesville, North Carolina, and when she arrived at the restaurant, she saw her mom in the parking lot holding a sunflower.
“You know I love you so much,” her mom said.
“That’s when I realized what was happening,” Ashley writes. “And when we headed up a little alleyway, I saw my family all standing diagonally, each holding a sunflower!”
At the end of the walkway was Ali, surrounded by one hundred sunflowers.
“There she was on one knee, with the ring she hand drew and designed, asking me to be her wife! Of course I said yes! I couldn’t have imagined a better proposal!”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Starling and Oak
Jeweler: Diamonds Direct
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC