Men have been enjoying manicures and pedicures almost as much as women for quite some time, but now more males are choosing to finish their nail treatments with a coat of polish—and not just clear. The New York Times ran an article today about this developing beauty and grooming trend.
Now nail polish companies are launching lacquers aimed specifically at men, such as EvolutionMan, a Los Angeles-based collection of men’s skin-care products. AlphaNail, another men’s line, comes in a chunky marker-like pen. Essie offers Man-e-cure, and Orly makes Nails for Males, which has more of a matte finish.
“The whole nail category has had an explosive growth over the last couple years,” Carina Breda, Orly’s senior vice president for marketing told the Times. “Men are more interested in that category as well. There is more perception and awareness in terms of nails.”
Men, what do you think of this trend? Would you wear nail polish on your wedding day? — Kirsten Ott Palladino
Photo: Tony Cenicola/The New York Times
OUR PREFERRED PLATINUM VENDORS
- Relaxed and cozy wedding in the German countryside
- 5 products that will help you hide an engagement ring before proposing
- Modern industrial wedding ideas with blue, green and purple focus
- Enchanting Poconos wedding surrounded by lush greenery and waterfalls
- Autumn engagement session in Texas with joyful lake photos