Men have been enjoying manicures and pedicures almost as much as women for quite some time, but now more males are choosing to finish their nail treatments with a coat of polish—and not just clear. The New York Times ran an article today about this developing beauty and grooming trend.
Now nail polish companies are launching lacquers aimed specifically at men, such as EvolutionMan, a Los Angeles-based collection of men’s skin-care products. AlphaNail, another men’s line, comes in a chunky marker-like pen. Essie offers Man-e-cure, and Orly makes Nails for Males, which has more of a matte finish.
“The whole nail category has had an explosive growth over the last couple years,” Carina Breda, Orly’s senior vice president for marketing told the Times. “Men are more interested in that category as well. There is more perception and awareness in terms of nails.”
Men, what do you think of this trend? Would you wear nail polish on your wedding day? — Kirsten Ott Palladino
Photo: Tony Cenicola/The New York Times
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing