Glaciers, Humpbacks and Bears, Oh My: Honeymoon on an Alaskan Cruise
Cruises serving the LGBT community have long been popular, but gay-friendly traveling options are widening as cruise lines increasingly welcome same-sex couples.
Cruises serving the LGBT community have long been popular, but gay-friendly traveling options are widening as cruise lines increasingly welcome same-sex couples. Cruise packages include tours to the Mediterranean, South America, Iceland, Russia, Alaska—your number of destination choices are vast.
It’s your honeymoon. What kind of location do you want to get lost together in? How about Alaska?
A honeymoon on an Alaskan cruise indulges you in comfort while introducing you to the most breathtaking beauty America has to offer. Imagine basking in the majestic tranquility of the Alaskan wilderness viewed from your private terrace while you enjoy a cappuccino or champagne. You’ll see moose, bears, bald eagles and humpback whales. Your Alaskan cruise is the idyllic way to experience the Last Frontier, allowing couples to mix and mingle or enjoy being the only two people on earth, as the mood strikes.
One of the best things about an Alaskan cruise is the luxury and convenience of having all the arrangements made for you. There’ll be plenty of on-board time, but you’ll have opportunities to go ashore and explore the rugged beauty of this state.
For what seems like a trip back in time to the Ice Age, start with the Mendenhall Glacier Helicopter and Guided Walking Tour. Nothing can prepare you for the breathtaking panorama of alpine ridges, plunging crevasses and serene, melted pools of glacial water. And who knew you’d see a rainforest in Alaska even during summertime?
Wildlife and Adventure Outings
If you prefer living on the wild side, enjoy a scenic mountain tour that ends with an exhilarating ride on the world’s largest zip-line. Or visit the Spasski River Valley for a wildlife and bear search and a chance to glimpse the island’s largest and furriest natives, the coastal brown bears. There’s an excellent chance you’ll also see black-tailed deer, bald eagles and woodpeckers among many other indigenous animals.
Your honeymoon should be memorable. An Alaskan cruise will spoil you and your new spouse, and there’s no better way to start your life together than with an adventure of a lifetime.
Here’s a quick cruise packing checklist so you don’t feel lost at sea:
- Visa, if applicable
- Print luggage tags
- Clothing: casual, sightseeing, evening wear
- Walking shoes (rubber-soled is good for cruise decks)
- Hiking boots, if you plan to hike
- Hat and sunglasses
- Personal care items
- An overnight bag for your last day at sea
Cruises can usually be booked for anywhere from three to 21 nights.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot