Why I’m coming out to all my wedding vendors
My partner and I are just beginning the wedding planning process, and I’m going to get more comfortable telling people I’ve just met that we’re engaged. After all, I don’t want anyone involved in my wedding who isn’t proud to support the LGBTQ+ community and be part of a queer wedding.
Harvest-Themed DIY Multicultural Southern Fall Gay Wedding
“Star Trek” fans Patric Bell-Good and Darin Good were made for each other. Their symbiotic sense of humor and attention to creative details shine through in the telling of their love story.
New Logo and Website for Equally Wed, the Premier Same-Sex Wedding Magazine
We just celebrated our 4th anniversary! To honor this milestone, we redesigned our website and logo. Check out our new look!
One Love Wedding Event at the Chicago History Museum
Chicago History Museum is hosting a same-sex wedding event called One Love, which aims to be an elegant celebratory event where gay, lesbian, trans and queer couples planning their…
The Top 10 Myths About Same-Sex Weddings (And the Data That Dispel Them)
Clearing the air about misconceptions about what really goes on at same-sex weddings.
Judge Won’t Officiate Our Wedding—Should We Call it Off?
We were excited about coming to New York to get married until the judge said he would not perform the ceremony because his Catholic priest…
Spotlight on Sara and Ryan: Gay-Friendly Wedding Photographers
As our longtime readers already know, Equally Wed Magazine was launched more than three years ago because it was incredibly difficult to find equality-minded wedding…
Glaciers, Humpbacks and Bears, Oh My: Honeymoon on an Alaskan Cruise
Cruises serving the LGBT community have long been popular, but gay-friendly traveling options are widening as cruise lines increasingly welcome same-sex couples.
Pocono Mountains Retreat: Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort offers a picturesque honeymoon and wedding destination to gay, lesbian and allied couples alike.
5 Gay-Friendly Cruise Lines for Weddings on the Water
There is something incredibly romantic about getting married on the water. Imagine a beautiful sunset on the Atlantic or Pacific as you exchange vows with…
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York