Spotlight on Sara and Ryan: Gay-Friendly Wedding Photographers
As our longtime readers already know, Equally Wed Magazine was launched more than three years ago because it was incredibly difficult to find equality-minded wedding vendors and because the vast wedding media landscape lacked any major coverage of gay and lesbian couples. We’ve evolved our brand into incorporating straight couples, too, since it’s important to us to cover our straight allies who vehemently believe in marriage equality. It’s also inherent that we support those who support us, which brings me to the point of this post.
We’re a small but mighty team, but we can’t exist without our sponsors, who keep our editorial, writing, design and business team employed. We vet our advertisers for their gay-friendliness and ideals, and we’re incredibly proud of our always-growing directory of wedding vendors around the country, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean in a marketplace we call Local Resources.
Today we welcomed our newest wedding vendor to the Equally Wed family: Sara+ Ryan Photography. California wedding photographers Sara and Ryan describe themselves as “a straight couple who whole-heartedly see and treat all love as equal! When it comes to gay and lesbian couples, couples with a transgender partner and families with same-sex parents, and families with a gay child/children, it is a subject that is near and dear to us and it is something we wholeheartedly advocate.” The creative pair focuses on candid, emotional and genuine photo journalism.
I’m oohing and aahing right now over their wedding photos of Peg and Lauren’s Laguna Beach wedding. See more here.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL