Spotlight on Sara and Ryan: Gay-Friendly Wedding Photographers
As our longtime readers already know, Equally Wed Magazine was launched more than three years ago because it was incredibly difficult to find equality-minded wedding vendors and because the vast wedding media landscape lacked any major coverage of gay and lesbian couples. We’ve evolved our brand into incorporating straight couples, too, since it’s important to us to cover our straight allies who vehemently believe in marriage equality. It’s also inherent that we support those who support us, which brings me to the point of this post.
We’re a small but mighty team, but we can’t exist without our sponsors, who keep our editorial, writing, design and business team employed. We vet our advertisers for their gay-friendliness and ideals, and we’re incredibly proud of our always-growing directory of wedding vendors around the country, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean in a marketplace we call Local Resources.
Today we welcomed our newest wedding vendor to the Equally Wed family: Sara+ Ryan Photography. California wedding photographers Sara and Ryan describe themselves as “a straight couple who whole-heartedly see and treat all love as equal! When it comes to gay and lesbian couples, couples with a transgender partner and families with same-sex parents, and families with a gay child/children, it is a subject that is near and dear to us and it is something we wholeheartedly advocate.” The creative pair focuses on candid, emotional and genuine photo journalism.
I’m oohing and aahing right now over their wedding photos of Peg and Lauren’s Laguna Beach wedding. See more here.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot