There is something incredibly romantic about getting married on the water. Imagine a beautiful sunset on the Atlantic or Pacific as you exchange vows with the love of your life, surrounded by close friends and family. There are many LGBT-friendly cruise lines dotted along the East and West Coasts that will help make your special day perfect.
SMOOTH SAILING CELEBRATIONS
Imagine your wedding taking place against the beautiful backdrop of New York City, which is stunning by day and breathtaking by night. Smooth Sailing Celebrations offers a wide range of romantic cruises along the Hudson River. Boating options includes luxury and casual yachts, catamarans, sailboats and schooners. Each wedding cruise comes with a special wedding cake, and other amenities include a Venetian table, coffee bar and freshly made appetizers and entrees.
WINDSONG SAILING CHARTERS
Available on the clear shores of the Tampa, Florida area, Windsong Sailing Charters offers many wonderful union ceremony packages. For an intimate setting, weddings can be held on the deck of the sailboat, where one boat can hold up to six people. For a bigger wedding party, private, remote islands are available for the ceremony. Cruises can last anywhere between three to eight hours, depending on the desired reception length.
GAY BEACH WEDDINGS
Off the shores of Malibu, Calif., Gay Beach Weddings offers an incredibly delightful all-inclusive wedding package on a private yacht. The package includes a personal wedding planner that will assist in choosing the perfect size yacht for the wedding, as well as the time and place of the vows if a sunset or sunrise wedding is desired. This package also includes a floral arch or canopy, wedding flowers including the bridal bouquet and boutonnieres, gourmet wedding cake, Champagne toast and music.
Entertainment Cruises sends guests down the waterways between New York and New Jersey on three distinct cruise lines, each offering a different flavor. The Atlantica is their premier charter dining yacht, offers a sophisticated venue for your wedding and a mouthwatering menu tailored to each couple. The Bateaux New York, whose sister ship graces the Seine River in Paris, is one of only four European-inspired, all-glass luxury yachts worldwide, while the Spirit is a more festive (and less expensive) option. Not in the Big Apple? They offer cruises in other cities such as Baltimore, Washington D.C., Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia.
HORNBLOWER CRUISES AND EVENTS
Imagine celebrating with a Champagne toast underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. Hornblower Cruises and Events in San Francisco, Calif., has helped couples create their dream day for over three decades. They offer extensive music, menu and décor options so each all-inclusive package is tailor-made for the couple. They also sail out of many other ports along the California coast, as well as one in New York.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH