Chicago History Museum is hosting a same-sex wedding event called One Love, which aims to be an elegant celebratory event where gay, lesbian, trans and queer couples planning their wedding can mingle with an intimate collection of wedding vendors in a luxurious setting.
Residents of Chicago, get ready. On Thursday, April 10, 2014, the Chicago History Museum is hosting a same-sex wedding event called One Love. In conjunction with Heather Vickery of Greatest Expectations event planning, One Love aims to be an elegant celebratory event where gay, lesbian, trans and queer couples planning their wedding can mingle with an intimate collection of wedding vendors in a luxurious setting. Every guest will be welcomed with open arms.
As a guest, you’ll be able to taste samples from four exclusive caterers, and beverages and cocktails from fantastic LGBT-focused sponsors (like Halsted Vodka and Egalite Wine). You’ll also be able to meet and network with vendors like planners, photographers, officiants and more.
With music, drinks and the city of Chicago’s top wedding vendors, One Love will be the perfect place to sip on a fancy cocktail, sample delicious food and plan the modern wedding of your dreams.
The Chicago History Museum is the perfect place for a historic wedding featuring the elegant Chicago room, beautiful cocktail spaces, and an outdoor Plaza with a spectacular view of Lincoln Park and the Gold Coast. It’s beautiful, historic and the perfect place to be inspired when it comes to your wedding.
Emily Gable is the associate editor at Equally Wed, the world’s leading gay and lesbian wedding magazine. For more marriage equality news and same-sex wedding inspiration, follow Equally Wed on Twitter and Facebook.
Photos courtesy of One Love and the Chicago History Museum
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts