Chicago History Museum is hosting a same-sex wedding event called One Love, which aims to be an elegant celebratory event where gay, lesbian, trans and queer couples planning their wedding can mingle with an intimate collection of wedding vendors in a luxurious setting.
Residents of Chicago, get ready. On Thursday, April 10, 2014, the Chicago History Museum is hosting a same-sex wedding event called One Love. In conjunction with Heather Vickery of Greatest Expectations event planning, One Love aims to be an elegant celebratory event where gay, lesbian, trans and queer couples planning their wedding can mingle with an intimate collection of wedding vendors in a luxurious setting. Every guest will be welcomed with open arms.
As a guest, you’ll be able to taste samples from four exclusive caterers, and beverages and cocktails from fantastic LGBT-focused sponsors (like Halsted Vodka and Egalite Wine). You’ll also be able to meet and network with vendors like planners, photographers, officiants and more.
With music, drinks and the city of Chicago’s top wedding vendors, One Love will be the perfect place to sip on a fancy cocktail, sample delicious food and plan the modern wedding of your dreams.
The Chicago History Museum is the perfect place for a historic wedding featuring the elegant Chicago room, beautiful cocktail spaces, and an outdoor Plaza with a spectacular view of Lincoln Park and the Gold Coast. It’s beautiful, historic and the perfect place to be inspired when it comes to your wedding.
Emily Gable is the associate editor at Equally Wed, the world’s leading gay and lesbian wedding magazine. For more marriage equality news and same-sex wedding inspiration, follow Equally Wed on Twitter and Facebook.
Photos courtesy of One Love and the Chicago History Museum
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- Moody engagement photos at Avalon Park & Preserve
- Planning your wedding music (for your fabulous gay wedding)
- Modern, sophisticated wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Quirky, fun vegan elopement in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Why you should absolutely include your dog in your wedding
- Trump policy affecting citizenship of children born abroad could impact LGBTQ+ families
- Presqu’ile Winery, an LGBTQ+ inclusive Southern California wedding venue