Engaged couple Andrew and Manny wore matching scarves and cozied up to get some celebratory photos before moving to Texas from their home in Massachusetts.
A romantic engagement portrait session warming hearts in New England winter
Natural light and a bright snowy background set the scene for this winter photo shoot. Engaged couple Andrew and Manny wore matching scarves and cozied up to get some celebratory photos before moving to Texas from their home in Massachusetts.
Andrew, who was in the Massachusetts Army National Guard, had come out and was in a happy relationship with Manny, but had not been ready for their relationship to be the subject of a photo shoot. When the men got engaged, they made the decision to move south to be closer to Manny’s accepting family. Before relocating, they finally felt ready to get their portraits taken.
The result is a collection of adorable images that emphasize the couple’s closeness and their vibrant smiles. These photos, despite being taken in the harsh New England winter, couldn’t warm our hearts more. Shortly before their move to the Texas heat, Andrew and Manny officially tied the knot. We love how these photos document a specific season in their relationship journey.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Emerald Moon Photography
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings