Aga Khan Museum engagement shoot in Toronto
Peter and Tim got engaged during a beautiful trip to Costa Rica. The two posed for an engagement shoot outside the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto wearing complementing black and white outfits.
From Peter: Six years into our relationship, we planned a trip with 14 of our friends to Costa Rica. I thought it would be like any other trip, completely unaware of the surprise Tim had in store. It was our 3rd day there and we hired a photographer from the resort to do a little photo shoot of the group. Tim’s best friend Carla was getting married and they said it was for their engagement, but it was actually for us.
Carla sat me down on a washed up tree trunk on the beach and handed me an iPad. It was a slide show of our closest friends and families holding up signs saying “say yes” and “say I do.” At the end of the slideshow it read “Are you ready for the question? Turn around.” I turned around and our friends were standing there with signs spelling out “Will you marry me?” Tim stepped through our friends and popped the question. It was the most romantic and flawless proposal: on a beach, during sunset, and with most of our closest friends. Needless to say, I was in tears (lots of them). It couldn’t have been more perfect.
Photographer: Victor Lee Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights