Destination wedding locations you haven’t thought of yet
Find destination wedding locations you haven’t thought of yet
Typically when we think destination weddings we think warm, sunny beaches and lavish resorts that everyone has to fly around the world to get to. The truth about a destination wedding though is that anywhere that isn’t home for you, is a destination wedding. Choose any U.S. state, major city, or country you don’t reside in. If you want to have a destination wedding but know a sandy beach is not for you, we’ve chosen a few of our favorite, less-common destination wedding locations.
Already picked your location and are ready to get started? Get all the help you need to plan your destination here.
The UK offers tons of wedding opportunities and delicious cuisine for your reception. If you and your significant other love pub-food, consider a reception at a local corner pub. Don’t be discouraged by the weather though. While the United Kingdom is often associated with rainy days, think of all the awesome photo opportunities that come with that rain (coordinated umbrellas, rain boots, kisses inside authentic London phone booths the list goes on and on). If you want to ge married outside of a city, there are farms and small towns that offer traditional chapels and wide open fields.
Don’t be fooled by the name, Iceland is pretty green and warm, and the perfect location for a wedding! The perfect wedding setting is available, from greenery to icy landscapes to the Northern Lights if you time your wedding perfectly. And who wouldn’t want to get married in front of the Northern Lights?
On a cruise
Why pick just one location when you can take a wedding cruise? Invite your friends and family on a boating trip and enjoy the time together. What wedding guest would not want to attend a wedding and take a cruise vacation at the same time? Get married on the first day of your cruise and enjoy the trip together as newlyweds, or get married on the last day of the cruise and spend the time leading up to your wedding enjoying a vacation with the ones you love. Not sure what cruise would be best for you? Check out these gay-friendly cruises.
Already planned your wedding? Consider one of these top ten gay honeymoon destinations.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lena Waithe and Alana Mayo got married in San Francisco
- What we love about the Renault Clio car ad celebrating a 30-year lesbian romance
- Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
- Romantic, industrial fall wedding with Indian cultural touches
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged