Destination wedding locations you haven’t thought of yet
Find destination wedding locations you haven’t thought of yet
Typically when we think destination weddings we think warm, sunny beaches and lavish resorts that everyone has to fly around the world to get to. The truth about a destination wedding though is that anywhere that isn’t home for you, is a destination wedding. Choose any U.S. state, major city, or country you don’t reside in. If you want to have a destination wedding but know a sandy beach is not for you, we’ve chosen a few of our favorite, less-common destination wedding locations.
Already picked your location and are ready to get started? Get all the help you need to plan your destination here.
The UK offers tons of wedding opportunities and delicious cuisine for your reception. If you and your significant other love pub-food, consider a reception at a local corner pub. Don’t be discouraged by the weather though. While the United Kingdom is often associated with rainy days, think of all the awesome photo opportunities that come with that rain (coordinated umbrellas, rain boots, kisses inside authentic London phone booths the list goes on and on). If you want to ge married outside of a city, there are farms and small towns that offer traditional chapels and wide open fields.
Don’t be fooled by the name, Iceland is pretty green and warm, and the perfect location for a wedding! The perfect wedding setting is available, from greenery to icy landscapes to the Northern Lights if you time your wedding perfectly. And who wouldn’t want to get married in front of the Northern Lights?
On a cruise
Why pick just one location when you can take a wedding cruise? Invite your friends and family on a boating trip and enjoy the time together. What wedding guest would not want to attend a wedding and take a cruise vacation at the same time? Get married on the first day of your cruise and enjoy the trip together as newlyweds, or get married on the last day of the cruise and spend the time leading up to your wedding enjoying a vacation with the ones you love. Not sure what cruise would be best for you? Check out these gay-friendly cruises.
Already planned your wedding? Consider one of these top ten gay honeymoon destinations.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings