Destination wedding locations you haven’t thought of yet
Find destination wedding locations you haven’t thought of yet
Typically when we think destination weddings we think warm, sunny beaches and lavish resorts that everyone has to fly around the world to get to. The truth about a destination wedding though is that anywhere that isn’t home for you, is a destination wedding. Choose any U.S. state, major city, or country you don’t reside in. If you want to have a destination wedding but know a sandy beach is not for you, we’ve chosen a few of our favorite, less-common destination wedding locations.
Already picked your location and are ready to get started? Get all the help you need to plan your destination here.
The UK offers tons of wedding opportunities and delicious cuisine for your reception. If you and your significant other love pub-food, consider a reception at a local corner pub. Don’t be discouraged by the weather though. While the United Kingdom is often associated with rainy days, think of all the awesome photo opportunities that come with that rain (coordinated umbrellas, rain boots, kisses inside authentic London phone booths the list goes on and on). If you want to ge married outside of a city, there are farms and small towns that offer traditional chapels and wide open fields.
Don’t be fooled by the name, Iceland is pretty green and warm, and the perfect location for a wedding! The perfect wedding setting is available, from greenery to icy landscapes to the Northern Lights if you time your wedding perfectly. And who wouldn’t want to get married in front of the Northern Lights?
On a cruise
Why pick just one location when you can take a wedding cruise? Invite your friends and family on a boating trip and enjoy the time together. What wedding guest would not want to attend a wedding and take a cruise vacation at the same time? Get married on the first day of your cruise and enjoy the trip together as newlyweds, or get married on the last day of the cruise and spend the time leading up to your wedding enjoying a vacation with the ones you love. Not sure what cruise would be best for you? Check out these gay-friendly cruises.
Already planned your wedding? Consider one of these top ten gay honeymoon destinations.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples