Apple, creator of the famed iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac computer and more, used its latest new product announcement to draw light to the current marriage equality vote going on in Australia.
“We support marriage equality and believe all Australians deserve the freedom to marry the person they love, and to have their relationships recognised with the same dignity and legal protections as their neighbours, friends, and family,” Apple said.
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, signed off on this statement on Monday night, on the eve of the announcement as everyone was talking about Apple and hypothesizing what the new iPhone might look like. The support may not come as a shock to many seeing as the CEO of Apple, Tim Cook, is the first openly gay CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Apple took advantage of the hype as free publicity to help spread the word of their support for same-sex marriage.
We hope that Apple continues to use their position to publicly support the LGBTQ community.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Dark Greek mythology wedding inspiration that calls to your inner goth
- Supreme Court rejected the Hawaii B&B that denied a lesbian couple
- This surprise proposal Las Vegas style will make you happy cry
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
- Elegant southern church wedding in Conroe, Texas
- If you want to look like royalty on your wedding day, wear a crown
- 6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire
- These wedding capes are the best way to be extra when you get married
- Classic purple vintage wedding in Towson, Maryland