Apple, creator of the famed iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac computer and more, used its latest new product announcement to draw light to the current marriage equality vote going on in Australia.
“We support marriage equality and believe all Australians deserve the freedom to marry the person they love, and to have their relationships recognised with the same dignity and legal protections as their neighbours, friends, and family,” Apple said.
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, signed off on this statement on Monday night, on the eve of the announcement as everyone was talking about Apple and hypothesizing what the new iPhone might look like. The support may not come as a shock to many seeing as the CEO of Apple, Tim Cook, is the first openly gay CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Apple took advantage of the hype as free publicity to help spread the word of their support for same-sex marriage.
We hope that Apple continues to use their position to publicly support the LGBTQ community.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019