Apple, creator of the famed iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac computer and more, used its latest new product announcement to draw light to the current marriage equality vote going on in Australia.
“We support marriage equality and believe all Australians deserve the freedom to marry the person they love, and to have their relationships recognised with the same dignity and legal protections as their neighbours, friends, and family,” Apple said.
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, signed off on this statement on Monday night, on the eve of the announcement as everyone was talking about Apple and hypothesizing what the new iPhone might look like. The support may not come as a shock to many seeing as the CEO of Apple, Tim Cook, is the first openly gay CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Apple took advantage of the hype as free publicity to help spread the word of their support for same-sex marriage.
We hope that Apple continues to use their position to publicly support the LGBTQ community.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
- How to choose a wedding venue
- They is 2019’s word of the year
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it