Apple, creator of the famed iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac computer and more, used its latest new product announcement to draw light to the current marriage equality vote going on in Australia.
“We support marriage equality and believe all Australians deserve the freedom to marry the person they love, and to have their relationships recognised with the same dignity and legal protections as their neighbours, friends, and family,” Apple said.
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, signed off on this statement on Monday night, on the eve of the announcement as everyone was talking about Apple and hypothesizing what the new iPhone might look like. The support may not come as a shock to many seeing as the CEO of Apple, Tim Cook, is the first openly gay CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Apple took advantage of the hype as free publicity to help spread the word of their support for same-sex marriage.
We hope that Apple continues to use their position to publicly support the LGBTQ community.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- This Great Gatsby wedding in Walnut Grove, California, featured a casino speakeasy reception
- The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
- Our lesbian love story: St. Pete Beach engagement with a proposal photographer
- Black and yellow poolside wedding in Palm Springs, California
- Home for the holidays anniversary photo shoot