Ally and Holly’s October wedding took place at Salt Lake City, Utah’s gorgeous Louland Falls. The couple stood beneath a large wooden arch and said “I Do” amongst breathtaking mountain views. The theme of the day was comfort and joy.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
You did it! You are finally engaged. Whatever you have had to go through to get to this point, your story is important. Embrace the love and support that you two have for each other. Don’t expect anything for your wedding day and just go with the flow. Make it everything you want it to be so that it perfectly represents the two of you.
What advice do you have for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Please try to treat us just like everyone else. We are human, too, and our love is just as real as anyone else’s.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We had an interesting experience trying to find a florist. The florist we found made sure we understood that she only believed in “traditional marriage.” It was difficult for some of our vendors to understand that we were marrying each other. When we would go to meetings or consultations, people always thought that we were sisters or friends.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Yes! Our venue was very LGBTQ+ friendly. We didn’t feel like there was any judgement at all when we booked our venue and when we had constitutions with the owner. David’s Bridal could not have been more inclusive while we were finding our dresses. We had appointments back to back and they made sure that our dresses looked good together.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Terra Ong Photography
Venue: Louland Falls
Florist: CC and Bout
Attire: David’s Bridal
Videographer: Shades of Jade Films
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL