Baltimore, Maryland Industrial Glass Studio Gay Wedding
David and Brandon had their wedding at an industrial glass studio in Baltimore, Maryland. The weather was overcast, but perfect. They took portraits by the seaport that highlights the city’s skyline and headed over to the glass studio for the ceremony, which was about fifteen minutes long and officiated by the groom’s uncle. The grooms walked down the aisles with their mothers, then each father went up to the room and presented a reading. The reception was decorated with colorful flowers in mason jars and their cake had succulents and purple flowers cascading throughout the tiers and a custom playlist set the tone for the dance party. David and Brandon ended their night with a magical sparkler farewell.
FROM ONE OF THE GROOMS
Our wedding was at the Corradetti Glassblowing Studio in Baltimore, Maryland. We opted for a smaller, industrial space where we could have both the ceremony and reception. We were officially married the day before at the county courthouse and opted to have a relative officiate. A signature cocktail and single-bite hors d’oeuvre were served as guests arrived. A live harpist provided background music during cocktails and the ceremony. The ceremony was very lighthearted and funny, but still heartfelt and intimate.
My uncle added a nice personal touch to the ceremony. Immediately following the ceremony, we joined the guests for more cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and a stations dinner. We decided to have for stations so that people would be more inclined to socialize with a variety of people throughout the evening, as opposed to having assigned seating where they may not get a chance to mingle. In lieu of a first dance, each groom gave a toast to the guests. Prior to cake-cutting, each of the grooms’ attendants gave a toast and immediate family members read messages from relatives that were unable to attend. We created a playlist to be played over the sound system in the venue after the ceremony.
Photography: Love Life Images
Flowers: Local Color Flowers
Event Planner: Amanda Voelkel
Entertainment: Jackie Pollauf for ceremony; custom playlist for reception
Catering: Chef’s Expressions
Cake: SugarBakers Cakes
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Is engagement photography worth the time and money?
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study