Baltimore, Maryland Industrial Glass Studio Gay Wedding
David and Brandon had their wedding at an industrial glass studio in Baltimore, Maryland. The weather was overcast, but perfect. They took portraits by the seaport that highlights the city’s skyline and headed over to the glass studio for the ceremony, which was about fifteen minutes long and officiated by the groom’s uncle. The grooms walked down the aisles with their mothers, then each father went up to the room and presented a reading. The reception was decorated with colorful flowers in mason jars and their cake had succulents and purple flowers cascading throughout the tiers and a custom playlist set the tone for the dance party. David and Brandon ended their night with a magical sparkler farewell.
FROM ONE OF THE GROOMS
Our wedding was at the Corradetti Glassblowing Studio in Baltimore, Maryland. We opted for a smaller, industrial space where we could have both the ceremony and reception. We were officially married the day before at the county courthouse and opted to have a relative officiate. A signature cocktail and single-bite hors d’oeuvre were served as guests arrived. A live harpist provided background music during cocktails and the ceremony. The ceremony was very lighthearted and funny, but still heartfelt and intimate.
My uncle added a nice personal touch to the ceremony. Immediately following the ceremony, we joined the guests for more cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and a stations dinner. We decided to have for stations so that people would be more inclined to socialize with a variety of people throughout the evening, as opposed to having assigned seating where they may not get a chance to mingle. In lieu of a first dance, each groom gave a toast to the guests. Prior to cake-cutting, each of the grooms’ attendants gave a toast and immediate family members read messages from relatives that were unable to attend. We created a playlist to be played over the sound system in the venue after the ceremony.
Photography: Love Life Images
Flowers: Local Color Flowers
Event Planner: Amanda Voelkel
Entertainment: Jackie Pollauf for ceremony; custom playlist for reception
Catering: Chef’s Expressions
Cake: SugarBakers Cakes
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal