My name is Alexis and my fiancé’s name is Lindsay. We have been together a little over 3 years now and on June 9th, 2017 she proposed. This was the moment I had been waiting on for quite some time now. I had been telling Lindsay I wanted to get some photos done before she left for deployment so I called one of my really good friends who does photography and asked her if she could do a small shoot for us, thankfully she said yes!
We went out and bought new outfits and had figured out where we wanted to have the shoot. We planned for the beach! So we got all dressed up and ready to go and met my friend and her husband at the beach for what I thought was just going to be a small photo shoot. Well little did I know Lindsay had been talking to my friend all day about proposing, so she had a lot more planned then just a simple little photo shoot. She was having us do all sorts of cute poses and then recorded us separately giving each other encouraging words for the deployment. At this point I was still completely clueless of what was about to happen!!
My friend has us do this pose with a chalk board where we wrote something nice about each other. I was told we would switch then she would get a picture of us holding the sign then us reading the sign and then us turning around to look at each other, still completely clueless. So I went first and she got Lindsay’s pictures then it was my turn to get Lindsay’s board. She took the photo of me holding it and then reading it. It said “WILL YOU MARRY ME? FR THIS TIME” (one time she played a joked and acted like she was about to propose, that’s why she said fr this time). I turned around and there she was on one knee holding the most beautiful ring!!!! I didn’t say yes, I said, “OF COURSE!!” and then we had the tightest hug and biggest kiss we’ve ever had! That was truly the best day of my life.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee