Berkeley, California modern home wedding
Jeffrey and Paul were together for 20 years before they decided to tie the knot in front of the modern home they had built. Choosing every detail of the house, the couple infused their styles and personalities to create their sleek, impeccably decorated home.
The marriers hosted the wedding in their yard, setting up rows of white chairs on top of a white floor set up that transitioned into a dance floor after the ceremony. Paul and Jefferey exchanged tearful vows, pouring their love for each other and their emotion into the words they shared.
Guests’ speeches during the ceremony were a testament to the strong, remarkable people Paul and Jeffrey are and all they have fought for during their lives.
Hedges created the perfect backdrop for the bar by adding a sophisticated color contrast to the all white set-up.
After the ceremony, everyone headed indoors to check out art collection Paul and Jeffrey have curated and then headed up to the rooftop to enjoy drinks as the yard was transformed into a reception space. Long tables lined the floor where guests sat to an enjoy an artisanal assortment of meat, grains and vegetables for dinner. The simple yet distinct cake modeled after the shape of the newlywed’s home. Once the meal had concluded the dining tables were moved so guests could enjoy the rest of the night on the dance floor under the hanging lights.
Photography: Elizabeth Burgi Photography
Florist: Jean from Fourth Street Flowers
Planner: Boheme Tipi Events
Entertainment: The Event Heroes
Attire: Maison Margiela and Zegna
Videographer: TSI Video Productions
Catering: Standard Fare
Rentals: Bright Event Rentals
Ceremony music: Jason Martineau (piano) and Stephanie Downs (violin)
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot