By Brittny Drye
Call us biased, but our favorite looks from Sunday night’s festivities were, of course, wedding-worthy. Romantic ball gowns, classic three-piece suits and more walked the red carpet at the 2013 Oscars. See which celebrities made our best-dressed list.
Jennifer Lawrence dressed to win in an ivory-cream fit-and-flare gown by Dior. The Best Actress winner elegantly swept her hair up in a loose updo and accessorized with sparkling diamond earrings.
Daniel Day-Lewis may not have surprised us with this Best Actor win, but the actor looked Old Hollywood chic with a touch of rebel in Domenico Vacca. He accessorized the sharp midnight blue suit with a single pocket square and bow tie and nailed the slim-lapel proportions.
Amy Adams‘s frothy, ruffled Oscar de la Renta dress had us swooning. The pale grey color gives a nod to the subtle color trend that’s been circulating amongst brides and the sweetheart bodice and ballgown skirt says classic bride.
Christoph Waltz looked polished in a navy slim fit suit with a simple black bow tie.
Octavia Spencer reached for her go-to designer Tadashi Shoji and we’re so glad she did. She looked gorgeous in her off-the-shoulder cream gown and the chiffon added a touch of romance to it.
Chris Pine looked dashing in a double-breasted suit, giving it a fresh take with the slim fit.
In our eyes, Charlize Theron can do no wrong and she proved it to us once again last night as she walked the red carpet in Dior Couture. She looked positively statuesque in a dress detailed with peplum (another bridal trend) and sporting a new chic haircut.
The three-piece suit is truly making a comeback and we’re loving the Tom Ford look that Bradley Cooper wore, featuring powerful, extra-wide lapels. Plus, you always earn bonus points when you have Mom as your date.
Zoe Saldana’s Alexis Mabille Couture gown was pure eye candy with textured floral applique at the bust and belt that cinched her tiny waist.
Pairing a velvet slipped with a classic Alexander McQueen tuxedo is a risky move, but when done right, it also receives big rewards. Well done, Eddie Redmayne.
Kristen Stewart’s gown-of-choice was a beautiful blush Reem Acra number featuring hand-beaded detailing and pleated tulle inserts, which would be show-stopping for a vintage glamour wedding.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal