Big Bear Lake engagement session with outfit change and pup cameo
It was love at first sight for Monica and Brittany, who met on a dating app and spent five years together before getting engaged.
Their engagement session took place in Big Bear Lake, California a nod to their love of the outdoors.
“We want to show the world that love is love and it’s okay to be true to yourself,” the couple says. “We have supportive families, but know that’s not always the case for everyone. So if we could make even a small difference in gaining acceptance for gay marriage then that’s a win for us.”
The photos began at an Airbnb, where the couple toasted with wine from their future wedding venue, Gainey Vineyard. A journey by Jeep to Big Bear Lake followed.
“Monica and Brittany are so in love,” writes their photographer, Kelly Hogrebe, “and it’s incredible to be able to share their story.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Kelly H. Photo
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL