Michele and Fillipo’s jungle-themed Santorso, Italy, wedding at Fabbrica Saccardo
Filippo and Michele are a couple from Treviso and Padua, Italy. They are chic and modern, and love clean lines, modern style and essential furniture and decorations. Filippo is an architect, and Michele is a designer. They particularly love details.
Michele and Fillipo had an industrial spring wedding at Fabbrica Saccardo, an old factory that now hosts events. Black, white and a touch of copper were the perfect color palette for their wedding. The event designers paid particular attention to the design of the wedding, using material such as bubble wrap for the envelopes of the invitation and high-quality paper with a letterpress technic.
As for the decorations, they mixed the raw ambient with a modern touch of jungle decor. No flowers, only tropical leaves and lots of candles.
Filippo and Michele got married on April 13, 2019, after a five-year-long engagement. They proposed to each other.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
It was a pleasant surprise to afford an LGBTQ+ wedding, we breathed so much love the wedding day. During the year of the wedding planning, the families of Filippo and Michele were so joint, the values were really strong and for this reason, they decided to get married. They had the support and love of their families all the time.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
It was a positive experience that has enriched us a lot and we hope to continue to arrange LGBTQ+ weddings also because, to be honest, those couples have a greater sensitivity due perhaps to the path they have taken together.
Ceremony Venue: www.parcorossi.it
Reception Venue: www.fabbricasaccardo.com
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights