Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
Ivy and Terry both love black, so they celebrated with an all-black gothic wedding featuring skulls, swords and magic that suits their last name, Rebel. They got married in May in Nevada City, California, after a one-year engagement (they both proposed to each other).
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
To be yourself wholeheartedly, focus on the love that you two have. Always communicate with one another and keep the fire alive.
Who walked down the aisle and with whom? Or who (if anyone) waited at the front?
Terry’s dad walked her down the aisle, Ivy’s stepdad walked her down the aisle and Ivy’s dad was our officiant.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
My wife and I were lucky that we have such supportive friends and family members who wanted nothing but to help us throughout the entire wedding planning.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Terry: It was a pleasant surprise that my father was so emotional during the wedding; I’ve never since him cry my whole 29 years of life up until his wedding speech. It was really heartwarming. It was just really moving to have everyone we love in one room expressing their love and support for us.
Photographer: Ed Gold
Venue: Harmony Ridge Lodge
DJ: Alex Iverson
Videographer: Ryan Ray Say
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Jersey passes ‘landmark legislation’ that makes adoption easier for LGBTQ+ parents
- Tropical, timeless wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Where to buy your ethical, conflict-free wedding jewelry
- Modern romantic fall wedding inspiration in Charleston, South Carolina
- Black and white industrial wedding with jungle themed decor
- Have you thought about a fitness resort?
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii