Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
Ivy and Terry both love black, so they celebrated with an all-black gothic wedding featuring skulls, swords and magic that suits their last name, Rebel. They got married in May in Nevada City, California, after a one-year engagement (they both proposed to each other).
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
To be yourself wholeheartedly, focus on the love that you two have. Always communicate with one another and keep the fire alive.
Who walked down the aisle and with whom? Or who (if anyone) waited at the front?
Terry’s dad walked her down the aisle, Ivy’s stepdad walked her down the aisle and Ivy’s dad was our officiant.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
My wife and I were lucky that we have such supportive friends and family members who wanted nothing but to help us throughout the entire wedding planning.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
Terry: It was a pleasant surprise that my father was so emotional during the wedding; I’ve never since him cry my whole 29 years of life up until his wedding speech. It was really heartwarming. It was just really moving to have everyone we love in one room expressing their love and support for us.
Photographer: Ed Gold
Venue: Harmony Ridge Lodge
DJ: Alex Iverson
Videographer: Ryan Ray Say
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL