Tell us about your wedding! What was the inspiration behind your day? Did you have a specific theme, style or color palette? Did you incorporate any cultural or religious traditions in any part of your day?
We talked a lot about what we like about weddings (community weaving, strengthening) and don’t like about weddings (long ceremonies, overpriced, under-proportioned food). We ended up renting an eco-lodge farmhouse and campground on the Mendocino coast to facilitate a three-day hangout, 30-minute ceremony ratio. We asked people to wear their best bohemian country fair attire and let people interpret that how they wanted.
Let’s talk wedding decor. How did you decorate your space for the ceremony and the reception? Was any part of the decor DIY?
It was all DIY! For the ceremony, we bought hay bales we set up in concentric semicircles in the orchard. No other decoration. For the reception, we rented two open white tents and dark wood tables and benches we set up in the campground. The tables were decorated with a burlap runner with many many solar faerie lights (in jars and loose) and scattered tea candles. The serving tables were draped in unbleached canvas drop cloths.
What were the florals like in your wedding? Did you use flowers in any of your design elements like the bridal bouquets, centerpieces or ceremony backdrop? Did they play an important part in the overall style of your wedding?
We had origami boutonnières but no other flowers.
Did you personalize the day in any way (food trucks, guest entertainment etc.)? What were some of your favorite parts of your wedding?
We had a wood oven mobile pizza maker come out (delicious) and had Krispy Kreme donuts for dessert. We had five of our brilliant friends each take 10 minutes to teach us something (TED talk style) for entertainment.
Let’s talk fashion. How did you both choose your wedding day look? Describe the looks in detail.
We had custom made corseted men’s vests made by Tittelle Couture. We styled them as per our taste and each wore brightly colored chucks.
Photographer: Sasha Photography
Ceremony Location: Jug Handle Creek Farm
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee