Abi and Larissa got engaged at Top of the Hub in Boston and celebrated with fall engagement photos around the city, including at Fenway.
How did you get engaged?
Abi took Larissa on a redo Valentine’s date. She planned a fantastic evening with dinner at Top of the Hub in Boston. They both got all dolled up and went to dinner. Abi was nervous the entire time. She was constantly getting up from the table and telling Larissa she would be right back.
Finally, Abi came back to the table and took Larissa’s hand and started to tell her how beautiful she looked and how she is her best friend. Larissa asked her if she was OK because she was breathing heavier than usual. Abi started to get choked up and gave Larissa a card (they both exchange cards on a regular basis) and while Larissa was opening the card, Abi got up and went to the other side of Larissa and asked her to marry her. Larissa started crying as well and everyone who was at the Top of The Hub clapped and cheered. After dinner, Abi and Larissa went to the lounge where they found Larissa’s parents, sister and sister’s fiancé waiting.
How long is your engagement?
Our engagement is for two years.
Why did you select Boston as your location?
We love Boston. That is our new home and where our life has taken us.
What is your advice to couples who are on the fence about doing an engagement session?
Do it! Its a lot of fun and you can take photos wherever you’d like!
Any tips you can provide to couples looking to hire a wedding photographer?
Look for what they offer. Read reviews on the Knot.com. Also highly go by word of mouth. Everyone we have hired is someone we know or who has done previous engagements.
Photographer: Nicole Gesmondi Photographer, LLC
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee