British Airways reunites lesbian couple causing a million happy tears
Imagine having been without the one you love for 10 months while they’re halfway across the world. It can be an incredible challenge, and even harder when the difficult decision is involved of staying with your significant other or travelling to take care of a sick relative.
Unfortunately, this was the case for Lisa Harris and Hayley Angell, who had not even been married two years when bad news struck. The couple, who resides in the United Kingdom, received a call in February of 2017 that Hayley’s father, who lived in Australia, had terminal cancer.
“That night we booked a flight back to Australia for her,” shared Harris. “She had to leave everything – our home, our dog, all of her friends.”
This also meant leaving Harris. Sadly, Angell’s father passed away a few weeks later. She stayed in Australia and got a job to take care of her widowed mother who suffers from muscular dystrophy.
Harris wrote to British Airways, and the two teamed up for the surprise of a lifetime.
Angell was attending a work conference in Australia when all of a sudden, the venue echoed with the sound of Harris’s voice as she appeared on a screen. Harris told her that not only was British Airways surprising her with a free trip home, her mother was also in on the secret and would be joining her daughter on their trip to the United Kingdom.
You just have to watch the video to experience all the emotion. And if you tear up, don’t say we didn’t warn you.
If you are interested in sharing your story with British Airways for a chance to make your dreams come true, click here.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings
- Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
- Dazzling wedding dress trends for fall