Colorful Kauai lesbian destination wedding
Emily Rochotte, 6 years ago 1 min read
Lori and Linda traveled from California to the Hawaiian island of Kauai for a brightly colored destination wedding. The newlyweds wore white sundresses, colorful flower crowns and walked down the aisle barefoot.
The members of the wedding party wore matching pink dresses with flower crowns.
RELATED: Offbeat Hawaii honeymoons
The day was commemorated with gorgeous sunset photos and a walk on the beach that had a vibrant sunset to provide a beautiful backdrop.
Even the cake embraced the Hawaiian theme, with a “lava you” cake topper, a play on words for the volcanoes of Hawaii.
Photographer: Harneet Bajwa Photography
Ceremony venue: Hanalei Bay Resort
Reception venue: Happy Talk Lounge
Florist: Mr Flowers
Planner: Kaye Vea
DJ: Mike Dandurant
Emily Rochotte is a professional freelancer as well as a former assistant editor of equallywed.com, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ+ wedding magazine. Her work has been featured on HowHeAsked, Bermuda Wedding & Honeymoon, and more. Don't hesitate to say "hello!" to Emily over on Twitter at @emilybeingemily
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- One step closer to marriage equality: Japan court rules that ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional
- A sunrise engagement photoshoot for Canada brides-to-be who own a flower farm together
- Same-sex couple marries in the first wedding ever held at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration: celebrating queer love with a rooftop party, modern aesthetic and terracotta color palette
- European rights court finds Romania in violation of LGBTQ+ rights and orders legal protections for same-sex couples