Celebrity LGBTQ+ couple news alert: Jonathan Bennett and Jaymes Vaughan are engaged!
Congratulations are in order for celebrity LGBTQ+ couple Jonathan Bennett and Jaymes Vaughan. Bennett, who’s most famous for his jock role as Aaron Samuels in Mean Girls (2004), was proposed to by his boyfriend, Jaymes Vaughan, the host of Celebrity Page on Reelz, during the Thanksgiving weekend.
“He wrote me a song!” Bennett told People.com. “I was told we were going to be taking family Christmas card photos […] but then no one would look me in the eye and I was like what is going on? I later found it out it was because they didn’t want to spoil what was about to happen.”
The actor who currently stars in the groundbreaking Hallmark movie The Christmas House (the network’s first film with an LGBTQ+ lead couple) continued, “My sister shouted for me to come outside ‘real quick’ and my FOMO kicked in so I ran outside. Then I looked over and saw Jaymes holding a sign that said, ‘we never did find our song, so I wrote it for you,’ and that’s when I knew was getting proposed to.”
Vaughan worked with Kay Jewelers for the creation of the rings, saying, “I told [Kay Jewelers] I had an idea to create something not only for our special moment, but something other LGBTQ+ couples might be inspired by for their rings too. The idea of the ring in general is really special because at its core it’s symbolic. It’s symbolic of the union between two people and its symbolic of what the relationship is to those two people.”
One edge of the rings are surrounded with diamonds. The two grooms-to-be plan on having the diamonds facing out throughout their engagement and then once they’re married, they’ll “flip the rings so the diamonds face us.”
“My reasoning for that is like I told Jonathan: ‘The diamonds face us then because my world is exponentially more beautiful now that you are in it forever,’” Vaughan told people.
Follow the pair on Instagram to see more of their sweet love story.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Featured photo by Andrew Herner
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot