Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
Shane, a transgender man from Missouri, and Sequoyah, a queer woman from Oklahoma, met and fell in love in college. Sequoyah first laid eyes on Shane while he was performing as a drag king, and the pair soon bonded over their passion for fighting for racial and LGBTQ+ justice–as well as their love of laughing.
Their Missouri wedding had a celestial theme utilizing navy and gold. “We wanted the entire day to be a celebration overflowing with celestial motifs and love!” they say.
They also wanted the day to feel as unique to them as possible. Their best friend officiated their ceremony, during which they read their own vows. Even the vows leaned in to the celestial theme, with mentions of the universe, the moon, and the stars.
The couple says their love is revolutionary.
“It is possible only by the decades of work that our Black, queer, and trans ancestors put into demanding care in a society whose systems were built to destroy them. Our love is a safe place to call home. It is an unconditional and unwavering warmth that embraces all in its path. Our love is a daily celebration. It is belly laughs, warm cups of tea, and long aimless drives across the Midwest.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Rae Marcel Photography
Second Shooter: Lola Mango Photo & Film
Video: Cami Thomas
Planner: Parker Gill Events
Florals: Sugar Berry Blooms
Makeup: Keisha Reece
Hair: Remy Stylin
Bridesmaid Dresses: Mia Grace Bridals
Groomsman Attire: SharpeHaus
Venue: The Atrium
Caterer: Bleu Events
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts